Based in Brownie Cove
Brownie Cove Express is a haunted collage adventure game. Across windy mountain trails and tracks, snowy static blizzards, and other such cold wintery magics, a train powers on - carrying a group of mysterious travellers to an unknown fate - you explore their stories through experimental narrative and playful vignettes. Brownie Coves Express takes inspiration from: - Kentucky Route Zero - Anodyne - The Dream Machine - Samorost - The Norwood Suite - ISLANDS: Non-Places - As well as various writers, artists, musicians, and other contexts. It will be our first feature-length product and exists within the same expanding universe as Between Stations — which recently won praise while featuring in the Leftfield Collection at Gamer Network’s EGX 2018.
Brownie Cove Express is a point-and-click adventure game, with a heavy focus on text. Much of the game is spent reading and interacting with the 6 complex and intriguing characters through choices. Rather than focusing on large branching stories where players can control the outcome, the story is more linear with a focus on experimental prose, with the choices reflecting player expression and curiosity.
- 6 deep and intriguing characters, each with 3 playful vignettes of backstory to explore
- A 4-5 hour story told in a memorable, expanding universe
- Choices and interactions reflecting player expression and curiosity.
- Trains, snow, ghosts and memories
- Where is this train going?
- Where does this train go? And why did they do that to us?
Sweden Trailer (short) YouTube
Sweden Trailer (long) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "2nd place of the PC Indie Pitch at Sweden Games Conference." Skövde, 17 October, 2018
- "Top 5 Games of indiegamesplus.com at Sweden Games Conference" Skövde, 19 October, 2018
- "Jupiter Hadley's Top 5 Star of Sweden Games Conference" Skövde, 19 October, 2018
- "This is definitely a game with a lot to say and a lot to think about; it's experimental for a reason, so certainly not for everyone, but players that can appreciate something deep, artful, and unique will appreciate Brownie Cove Express."
- Ryan Brown, The Mirror
- "I have never been taken to such emotional depths so quickly as I have been with Brownie Cove Express. It’s a nearly-painful look at what exists within ourselves, forcing me to face some things I’d long buried."
- Joel Couture, Indie Games Plus
- "The artwork is excellent and the trailer and official website help to create a surreal and unsettling tone."
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
About Sand Gardeners
The Sand Gardeners are Sam Machell and Zephyr Raine. They are interested in ghosts, decaying technology, liminal spaces, text, and cultural memory. Their mission is to explore ideas relevant to today’s world in new and boundary-pushing ways.
More information on Sand Gardeners, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Brownie Cove Express Credits
Additional audio + Sound design